PanAway is a soothing blend of Wintergreen, Clove, and Peppermint. (It actually smells a bit like root beer!) It is ideal for aching feet, tired or sore muscles, neck and shoulder discomfort, knee discomfort. It is extremely effective and it’s one we are never without.
There are lots of ways to use this oil and you can customize it to your particular needs. I almost always dilute PanAway with a carrier oil like coconut oil or jojoba oil because it is so strong. Diluting it allows a very small amount of oil to be spread over a large area.
Here is a list of suggestions for making the most of this oil!
- Simply dilute and rub on neck, shoulders, back, etc.
- Dilute and massage the legs of growing children
- Add to a homemade sugar scrub and keep by the sink or in the shower for joint discomfort (wrists, hands, knees, etc.)
- Make a roller with PanAway alone or the “Triple Threat” of 10 drops each of PanAway, Peppermint, and Copaiba.
- Mix several drops of PanAway in a cup of Epsom salt. Use the entire amount in a warm bath for a soothing soak. You can also use this in a basin of very warm water to soak tired, achy feet!
- Apply diluted PanAway (with or without Copaiba) to the affected area. Cover with a very warm damp towel then a thick or folded dry towel on top of that for 10-30 minutes.
- Put 5-15 drops in a basin full of very warm water. Stir very well and allow to sit for 1 minute. Put a dry washcloth on top of the water to soak up any oil on the surface of the water. Wring out, apply to affected area, and top with a thick or folded dry towel for 15-30 minutes. (This is considered the preferable method for children.)
- Make a cold compress by applying diluted PanAway to the affected area and topping with a flexible cold pack. A bag of frozen peas or corn is economical and very effective since it will mold to any shape.