RC is an incredible blend of Spruce, Cypress, Peppermint, Lavender, Pine, Myrtle, and 3 types of Eucalyptus. It is the oil I grab first when I have any sort of respiratory discomfort. I’m not going to get into every ingredient in RC, but a quick look at some of the studies I posted about Lavender and Peppermint may give insight as to why this blend is so powerful and effective!
RC is suitable for topical and aromatic use.
Here are some suggestions for making the most of this respiratory blend:
1. Place a drop in the palm of your hand, rub hands together, then tent them in front of your nose and breathe deeply. This often provides very fast relief.
2. One of my favorite things to do when I’m under the weather is to mix a few drops of RC with about a cup of epsom salt and mix into a very warm tub. This quickly gets things draining and gets me feeling better!
3. You can put a couple of drops into a bowl or pot of steaming water, make a tent over your head and the bowl with a towel, and breathe the vapors for several minutes.
4. Try making a warm compress by putting a few drops onto a very warm wet towel that you apply to the chest.
5. Dilute a drop of RC with a few drops of a carrier oil and rub onto the chest and the soles of the feet. This is especially effective on the soles of the feet at bedtime!!
6. Chances are that if you are needing RC, you are under the weather and could use an immune boost, so consider adding Thieves into your regimen, too.