Purification is a blend containing Citronella, Lavandin, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Myrtle, and Tea Tree oils. It has a very clean, citrus-y scent and is a go-to for our diffuser!
It’s an amazingly versatile oil and its big claim to fame is its power to abolish pretty much any odor anywhere, but its uses don’t stop there!
Check out these ideas:
- Place a drop or two on a cotton ball and place in smelly sneakers to completely freshen them. In a pinch, I’ve just put a drop directly in the sneaker itself.
- Spritz or diffuse to dispel any unpleasant odors. This is perfect for removing strong odors like garlic after cooking!
- Put 15-20 drops in a 4 ounce spritz bottle. Add 1-2 teaspoons of witch hazel and top with water. Spritz to freshen upholstery, blankets, dog beds, etc.
- Apply directly to emerging skin blemishes.
- Dilute and apply to the front of the throat to quickly soothe discomfort.
- Apply directly to bug bites and stings including fire ant bites. This can also be used on dogs who have been bitten or stung.
- If clothes smell sour from sitting in the washing machine too long, put a few drops of Purification on a washcloth, add to machine, and rewash. This also works for clothes that are going into the washing machine smelly!