When I got my first Premium Starter Kit in December 2014, DiGize was not one of the kit oils . . . but when Janine told me about it, I knew I had to have it! It was in my very first ER order and it’s one of the oils I will never be without!! There are few things I hate more than the tummy bug. It’s bad enough for one person, but if a nasty tummy bug hits my family of ten, things become nightmarish pretty quickly. I’m so thankful for our bottle of DiGize (AKA Liquid Gold).
The Digestive Blend
DiGize is a blend of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli essential oils. I’ll be totally honest here – very few people will say they like the smell of this blend, but it sure does get the job done! These oils all have a long history of being used for GI issues and they work together to support the natural balance of the digestive system. That means that this one blend is effective for digestive issues from one end of the spectrum to the other. This stands in sharp contrast to medications which are each specific to constipation, diarrhea, nausea, gassiness, indigestion, etc. These medicines can often be “too” effective – the medicine you take for diarrhea can end up making you constipated, and so forth. Because essential oils don’t create an unnatural body response in an attempt to cure or alleviate issues, they will bring the body right back where it needs to be!
Digize is suitable for topical and internal use. There wouldn’t be any harm in diffusing it either, but I honestly can’t imagine that you would want to do this. (When we have someone dealing with tummy upset of any kind, we will use DiGize topically and possibly internally, and we will diffuse Peppermint. This combo works beautifully.)
So how exactly can you use DiGize?
- Dilute a drop or two in a couple of drops of carrier and rub over the abdominal area when you are dealing with indigestion, flatulence, nausea, etc.
- If you are dealing with bowel issues, it is helpful to massage diluted DiGize around the perimeter of your tummy area. Massage clockwise to “get things moving” and counterclockwise to “slow things down.”
- DiGize can be used on dogs. Dilute it more than you usually would for a human and rub over abdomen.
- Put one to three drops into a capsule with a couple of drops of carrier oil.
- If you don’t think you can keep a capsule down, you can put a drop directly under your tongue or you can put a drop on the pad of your thumb and press it to the roof of your mouth.